If you are ever deciding whether or not to go to a music festival in a foreign country alone, my advice is to take a chance and do it. After three days of arriving in Melbourne, I mustered up the courage and went to Laneway Festival. Boy, I’m surely glad that I did.
It was definitely awkward and intimidating at first, but it all goes away once you’re a part of a crowd of people who love the same music as you. Some highlights from attending Laneway:
1. Following a group of “indie-looking dudes” to the festival and putting complete trust in print overload.
2. Yellow Days was beyond amazing. Their set was my second favorite set out of all of those I watched because of how heartfelt their songs are.
3. People watching as I quietly eat my $16 chicken teriyaki bowl (that I did not enjoy)
4. Watching the very beautiful and ever-so-graceful Clairo in a crowd of mostly 16-year-olds.
5. Grooving to Masego’s music
6. REX ORANGE COUNTY. I was so squished and uncomfortable, but it was worth it. I’m surprised I didn’t cry.
7. Meeting a new friend- Annie who loves Rex as much as I do.
8. Dancing to Cosmo’s Midnight to end the night